Next Thursday, October 3rd, I will be doing my first webinar with Donna Andersen, founder of the nonprofit, Lovefraud Education and Recovery. It will be live starting at 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 pm Eastern. It will be recorded for anyone unable to participate in the live program. The description and details are below.
Donna Andersen, program administrator, launched Lovefraud.com in 2005, and has collected more than 10,000 cases of people who have been involved with sociopaths. It is a great idea to do training videos for mental health and other healthcare professionals, as well as, the general public. My webinar program is oriented to explaining my Strategic Interactive Approach for people who want to help their friends or loved ones to reclaim their personal power and reconnect in a healthy way. Estrangement is traumatic and painful for family and friends who have been cut off. This webinar will offer a combination of theory, skills and strategies to speed up the realization process that their controller is not able to truly love them in a healthy way.
Donna Andersen had unknowingly married a sociopath and narcissist. After her marriage ended and she began therapy, Donna decided to educate herself about sociopaths and predators. Sociopaths engage in emotional, psychological, physical, financial, sexual and spiritual abuse. They leave people with anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and a multitude of physical ailments rooted in stress.
She started Lovefraud to educate and help others that were involved with sociopaths or in a controlling relationship. (You can read her story here.) Working with a team of mental health professionals — all of whom had their own experiences with sociopaths — she began offering webinars for survivors and professionals in 2016.
Donna is the author of Red Flags of Love Fraud — 10 signs you’re dating a sociopath. Her latest book Understanding the Sociopath: Why antisocials, narcissists and psychopaths break the rules of life goes on sale October 1, 2019.
Live Online Webinar with Steven Hassan
Thursday, October 3, 2019,
6:30 to 8:30 pm ET,
You are worried sick. Your child, sibling, parent or other family member, is being controlled by someone else. This person — probably a sociopath — tells your loved one what to do, what to say, what to think. The sociopath isolates your family member, monitors communications, perhaps even dictates what to wear and when to sleep. It’s like your family member is in a cult.
In fact, it is a cult. This particular cult has one leader — the sociopath — and one follower — your loved one, who is under the sociopath’s destructive influence.
What can you do?
In this webinar, Steven Hassan, the internationally renowned cult expert, explains what your family member is going through, and how you can help. Steven, a cult survivor himself, has helped thousands of individuals and families escape and recover from mind control.
The key is enabling your family member to think independently. Steven has developed the Strategic Interactive Approach to help you counter the sociopath’s destructive influence, and encourage your loved one to make his or her own choices. In this webinar, he will explain, step-by-step, how to reach out to your family member, build a team to support him or her, and when appropriate, arrange an intervention with professionals.
Learn how to help your loved one take back his or her power, and choose to end the destructive involvement.
- Why your loved one seems to be a different person
- Steven Hassan’s Influence Continuum and BITE model to identify unhealthy destructive influence
- Why it’s so hard for people under mind control to escape
- What to say, and not to say, to your loved one
- How to help your loved one break free of the controller
Cost and credits
The cost for this course is only $50 for 2 hours of instruction. Once you purchase the course, you can access it online as long and as often as you want. All Lovefraud courses offer a money back guarantee.
Although this course does not award continuing education credits, you will be able to download a certificate of achievement upon completion.
After this course, you should be able to:
- Understand your loved one’s true identity is still under the “pseudo identity”
- Recognize the sociopath’s mind control strategies
- Talk to your mind-controlled family member without getting shut down
- Build a team of family and friends to help your loved one
- Work towards an intervention with professionals, if appropriate
1 hour of instruction, including questions and answers
- Your loved one under mind control — how it affects you
- Why it’s so hard for people under mind control to escape
- How being controlled by a sociopath is like being in a cult
- Understanding destructive influence
- Destructive influence and the pseudo identity
- When are people are vulnerable to destructive influence?
- How a sociopath’s manipulation creates cognitive dissonance
- Steven Hassan’s Influence Continuum and BITE model of destructive influence
- Behavior Control
- Information Control
- Thought Control
- Emotional Control
- Three stages of gaining control over someone’s mind
5 minute break
55 minutes of instruction, including questions and answers
- What should friends and family members do?
- How to act towards your loved one who is being mind-controlled
- How to act towards the person exerting mind control
- What to do when you have evidence that the sociopath is lying
- Helping your loved one leave — the Strategic Interactive Approach
- The goal of your intervention
- Building a team of friends and family
- Communication strategies for talking with your loved one
- Planning for an intervention
- Supporting your loved one after he or she has left the sociopath
Your loved one is isolated, changed — like a cult member. Steve Hassan, a renowned expert on cults, teaches you how to communicate with him or her and how to stage an intervention, if necessary so your family member can reclaim their power and autonomy.
When you sign up, you will receive two emails: One from Lovefraud confirming your purchase, and a second one from Terry Kelly with a link to join the online webinar. If you do not receive the emails, please check your spam filter.
About the Author:
Steven Hassan M.Ed. LMHC, NCC has helped thousands of individuals and families recover from undue influence (mind control). With over 40 years of experience, he is sought after as one of the foremost authorities on undue influence and controlling groups and individuals. Steve understands the subject from a unique perspective as both a former cult member and as a clinical professional. Steven Hassan has published 4 books about cults. His first book, which came out in 1988 under the title Combatting Cult Mind Control, was updated and re-released in 2015 as Combating Cult Mind Control. Chapter 2, My life in the Unification Church has been placed for free on this web site. This book is available as an audiobook as well as on kindle.
Steven is the Founding Director of the Freedom of Mind Resource Center, a coaching, consulting, and training organization dedicated to supporting individuals to have the freedom to think clearly and to freely consider how they want to live their lives. Steven pioneered a breakthrough method called the Strategic Interactive Approach (SIA), an effective and legal alternative for families to help cult members. The SIA teaches family and friends how to strategically influence the individual involved in the cult.
Learn about how the Strategic Interactive Approach can help rescue your friend or loved one out from under predatory influence.
Subscribe to receive updates on news, events, blogs, videos, webinars, and workshops.